Poster Presentations & Abstracts
The National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) is excited to announce that peer-reviewed poster abstracts selected for HEALCon 2024 will be published in the Integrative Medicine Clinicians Journal and on PubMed Central.
If you are a student, clinician, researcher, or educator who is passionate about your work in the fields of holistic nutrition, health, and wellness, this is a groundbreaking opportunity to get your ideas published and take your work to a new level of success.
Deadline to submit posters is January 19, 2024.
What is a Poster Presentation?
A Poster Presentation is an opportunity to present an overview of your area of expertise to a broad audience in a professional yet informal setting. It is a chance to interact with colleagues and other interested parties, network, gather feedback about your work, and possibly forge future collaborations.
Benefits of Presenting a Poster
- An opportunity to increase confidence, visibility, and credibility in your area of expertise
- Publication in the Integrative Medicine Clinicians Journal, PubMed Central, and the NANP website; all easily accessible to colleagues and prospective employers
- Five (5) Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for Professional and CDSPTM Associate members; a digital Certificate of Achievement for Student members
- Academic Institutions and Healthcare ranking credit
- Potential book or in-depth article publication opportunities
- Resume booster that may lead to employment opportunities
- Poster content can serve as the foundation for a final school project. (Consult with your school and/or advisor.)
- Posters will be on display throughout the HEALCon 2024 event for viewing by vendors, peers, and guests.
Categories for Consideration:
- Visual representation of in vitro or in vivo experiments. If animals or human subjects are involved, verification of appropriate healthcare compliance guidelines must be met.
- Visual representation of a literature review that fills a gap in the literature.
- Visual representation of an educational protocol that will potentially improve a healthcare concern.
Who is eligible to present a poster?
- Natural chefs
- Nutrition professionals
- Certified Dietary Supplement ProfessionalsTM
- Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®
NOTE: You must be an NANP member in good standing to submit a poster abstract and be prepared to attend HEALCon 2024 in person to present your poster if selected.
Review & Selection Process:
- NANP members (Professional, Associate, Student) are eligible to submit proposals.
- Abstracts will be blind peer-reviewed by at least two subject matter experts.
- The review committee may request additional information before selection.
- Abstract authors selected for poster presentations will be notified by email.
NANP reserves the right to refuse any submission.
How to Create an Abstract, Poster, & Prepare for Delivering a Poster Presentation
Click the button below to access the downloadable Poster Presentation Abstract Guide.
Poster Presentation Application:
After reviewing the section titled How to Create an Abstract, Poster, and Prepare to Give a Poster Presentation, click on the button below to complete the Poster Presentation Application. Be prepared to include the following:
- Presentation title
- Authors (List the primary/presenting author first; include all co-authors)
- Author affiliations (Academic Institution, Professional Association, place of business, grant or source of subsidy)
- Phone numbers (for all authors/co-authors)
- Email address of primary/presenting author
- Abstract (maximum 300 words)
Deadline for submission of the abstract: January 19, 2024
For more information contact Randi Dixon- email@example.com.
Poster Session Disclaimer
The content of a poster presentation is the sole author’s opinion/research, not that of the NANP. The presenter is responsible for ensuring they are within their scope of practice and that the research is presented professionally and ethically.