The following guidelines will be followed in sourcing and preparing food and beverages for NANP’s HEALCon annual conference meals.
- Animal proteins will meet organic standards.
- Corn, soy, and nut products will meet organic standards.
- Fish and seafood will be wild-caught based on the “Best Choice Ranking” from Seafood Watch.
- Ingredients will be whole foods, aiming to secure fresh, local, seasonal products grown and raised using organic standards whenever possible.
- Any fats (e.g., dairy, butter, oils) will meet organic standards.
- Extra virgin olive or avocado oil is preferred.
- NO—corn, soy, or canola oil
- Unrefined sea salt or Celtic salt will be used in cooking and as a condiment.
- NO—refined or iodized table salt
- Agava, honey, coconut sugar, brown sugar, and molasses are preferred
- NO—white or artificial sugars (in foods nor provided with beverage services)
- Meals and beverages will be gluten-free. Best efforts will be made to thoroughly clean surfaces to eliminate the possibility of cross-contamination.
- All water will be filtered.
BUFFET & TABLE SETUP:
- Meals will be served with filtered water, coffee, and assorted teas.
- Salt and pepper shakers and butter will be available at every table.
- Glutenous bread at meals is acceptable but must be clearly marked and placed at the opposite end of the buffet table from gluten-free bread.
- Items containing cilantro, corn, dairy, gluten, nuts, and soy will be clearly marked.
(The following language appears in the conference program but is not a part of the hotel agreement)
If you have food allergies/sensitivities that are not included in the list above, please visit the NANP Registration Desk or HEALCon website for more details about the specific ingredients used. The conference menu is subject to minor changes based on food availability. Due to our high standards, we ask that the hotel order fresh and local whenever possible, which sometimes creates the need for adjustments in the menu. We appreciate your understanding.